Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Sunday, April 29, 2007

From LA - Hong Kong - KL.... Outro of the trill - 1. LA

Continuing from the previous post, these are not with my Thai peeps.... in the same farewell hangout but after the jam session with Ray Pizzi... I didn't do anything, just press the red button - record.

I curi curi post some short excerpts here. hehe, here you go...
Jamming session with Ray Pizzi, Kakutani Naoko and Matthew Witmer on viola, Chern Hwei on violin







Continue posting later.... at the LAX, in Hong Kong and back in KL..... a span of 3 days, a perfect outro, shoehorn's
journey came to the end.

Ok, now I continue...

After 2 days of insane recordings @ Pablo's and a crazily happening farewell, it finally came to this day... believe me, my last day in LA was a disaster. Wait... this was how it looked like at Pablo's where I sitting there 2 whole days, 2 fucking days nonstop for Mo's album and ADR (Voice over) Giovanni's film


PS: Chern Hwei rebuked me!!!! ok my mistake... As what the first comment said - Connie and Chern Hwei did the laundry for me in the late afternoon while giovanni was packing for me.... I forgot!!! ok?

Back to the last day. Woke up early did my laundry, a lot like a mountain, washed Fumi's car which I had been using for weeks, went to CITI bank to close my account, settled my credit card, went to Bank of america to inform them about my departure, went to UCLA to meet Minh and Rik (They helped me a lot in past), went to.... in short, I got home at 5pm. Keep in mind that my flight was at 12 midnight and I should be there at 9pm. 4 hours, believe me or not, trying to pack everything in 4 hours.... apparently, trying to pack and MOVE OUT from the apartment in 4 god damn hours, that was a disaster! and I finally released my frustration on Connie, poor connie, sorry... :(
There were about 7 people helping me out. Doreen, Connie, Giovanni, Chern Hwei, my 3 roommates, Nori, .... at one point Giovanni couldn't stand anymore and said, Ken you stay away. I'm the Boss, I will pack for you, don't see! Damn, all dumped in.
Anyway, Shoehorn's LA journey came to the end, a happy ending. I've got a bunch of soul mates, 3 very caring roommates - Fumi, Shioko, and Jessica, as well as my old roommate Alice... Alice, I miss you so much... looking at alice, she is just like me, a typical sagi, blur, messy (she is messy from outside, I'm inside). I had my very sweet Connie who I owe so much, my drinking and hangout cronies - Pablo and Nori, I miss you too much, I feel I've lost something very close here. Also Chai and Doreen who sent me and Chern hwei off at LAX... Doreen, I had words when I broke up with her, but I am glad that we became friends again, even closer I have to say, I am glad.... thanks Doreen.

Now, I so regret for not bring back a lot of things. I have only about 3 or 4 T-shirt in Malaysia, no jeans, one slack, one long sleeve, a pair of basketball shoes, some unders and socks... I left my old organizer there that holds lots of contacts and info, some of my music and mastercopies :(

The Gang - Connie, Ken, Chai, Doreen, Jessica, FRONT Chern Hwei and Shioko


Drinking KAKI Nori, this time I won't let you kiss


Thanks Connie


Doreen and I


Old-timers uh??

Bye LA, I will be back soon, putting together to be ready for another runaway.

Then soon, Chern hwei and I went on the flight with a very cute tall girl - SAPO Chin Chin :D

I continue tomorrow with our Hong Kong trip with SAPO and our days in KL.
This is SAPO

1 comment:

Shoehorn said...

OKOK... my bad. I didn't do the laundry. I forgot ma.