Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Visiting Alf Clausen @ The Simpsons session

2 Emmies, 5 ASCAP awards, Alf Clausen orchestrates music for cartoon shows, is best known for his work on The Simpsons. I was in his latest simpsons session... HAHAHAHAHAHA... giving me a stimulating view of unique musical experiences featuring many of the finest recording musicians in Hollywood. I went to many scoring sessions... but this one is different. TV series, the recording was done so quick... fast and professional, yet with hollywood musicians... the quality is just tremedously excellent....

Alf is cool, kind, friendly. He noticed me in the middle of his conducting. Talked to me a while. Keen in keeping touch for future opportunities. It was really great pleasure to meet him as I've admired his work ever since I started watching the Simpsons when I was a kid.... but what to do, I had to leave LA a week after the session. Everything came too late - meeting Alf, knowing Mark, getting bill to recognize my work and writing skills.... diu.

O ya, Mark! Mark Watters, and Bill Goldstein... Some people who are giving me confidence upon my return to LA.

Thanks Bill, he's introduced me to a few big composers - Mark Watters, Alf, and Jonathan Sack (check them out on IMDB or google them, they are big in Hollywood). Mark is very helpful and he likes my work. I'll probably look for him when I go back to LA. hope one day have the opportunity to work with a distinguished composer like Mark, Alf... but at this early stage, just looking forward to being their acquaintance... I better prepare well before I become a shoehorn again, running away again back to the crazy dreamland.

curi curi took this pix with my Sony Ericssion


Family's been giving me pressure, ai mei too, the number 30!!! I am right at the cross road.... where to go?

OK i should go. going to meet someone for a children album production.... FUCK.!!! I FEEEEEL I am back ot the old ken before going to LA. But this is Malaysia. no dream! a desert, a cultural desert. Staying here... ya there are chances to do children albums and stuff... then I will be a walking mummy on desert, forsake the principles of making good music.

1 comment:

Violinuts said...

Man, u better make sure what you want in your life man... career or woman... you can only choose one. But I can tell that you won't be happy if your career doesn't go as far as you wish, because... just because I know you, you mah bro.