Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Foong’s Big Day & Grandma


My cousin, Khuen Foong’s wedding procession... 接新娘 YEAH!!!

Click here to watch picture video from Foong 接新娘

My brother, Seng made it :)
Simple and meaningful.
Very touching when there are some pictures Foong facing our grandma’s shrine and said “I became a doctor, and now I’m getting...”

Our grandma must be proud of us, especially Foong. There are engineers, lawyer, accountant, architect, musician (me! but don’t be a musician... musicians and homeless are buddies), and Foong is our only doctor... all of us are your lovely grandchildren that you can be proud of. All of us are holding at least a degree. All of us remember you urging us and our parents: You can be poor, but don’t let the education poor!

We will pass your words to our children and offspring.

I wrote a song in a summer dawn last year for my greatest grandma.

I wrote this for a gig in LA, but it’s intentionally express my regret few years ago for not going back to my hometown one time when she was sick, because of some piddling little gig... and she passed away in a summer dawn, 4 years ago... I thought she would be fine and I promised to see her soon after my work, my stupid meaningless work.

Damn, wepping and miss home.
Click here to listen Summer Dawn.
Don’t feel like talking about getting married and wedding...

No comments: