Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Monday, February 19, 2007

Crayon's gig in KL

Crayon = Pageshadow = Chern Hwei.
He said.....

I'm quite surprised that all of a sudden I start to get jazz gigs in KL coming back this time ---- not just any jazz gigs but gigs with some of the most prominent musicians in KL or even in Malaysia!

I still can't believe it, but I have 4 nights of jazz dates in KL on March.

So here we go:

March 2 and 3 (No Black Tie)
I'm playing with Greg Lyons' Groove Junky, doing his originals and a great deal of Hermeto Pascoal's music. This is the first engagement I get for this vacation.

March 9 and 10 (Top Room)
I'll be playing with Julian Chan's new project, Boplicity, doing some "new s***", according to him. We'll see what we're gonna do, I have a feeling this is something that people don't do much in KL... Julian, anything to add?

Oh by the way, March 11 (No Black Tie...again)
I'll be joining NBT's owner, Evelyn Hii, to play a classical programme. I'll be playing Mozart's Sonata in A Major and Kreisler's Viennese Waltzes.

Guys please feel free to come!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

venue? time?

Shoehorn said...

Chern hwei and I are back to Malaysia. He will stay here for another month. Both No Black Tie and Top Room are in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Julian said...

well, I also dunno what we're gonna do.. !! AHhaha.. but I know one thing, we're gonna have fun! YAY!!

Come by the gig...

9, 10 March @ Top Room (Top Hat Restaurant), 7 Jln Kia Peng.

Music starts 10.29pm.