Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Monday, December 04, 2006

Digital Disaster

I have to grouch about this...!!!

I accidentally deleted a folder on Nov 12, Sunday. and I didn’t notice!!! Emptying my trash without double-checking... typical SAG!!!

All my work in 3 weeks, 4 projects, all of a sudden, disappeared, evaporated!!!

I think I deleted them in the morning. Then in the afternoon, I realized the folder I wanted to delete was still on my desktop.... WHAT THE HECK!!! It was like... magnified and seems SUPER BIG at that moment. FARK (Julian’s version of F*ck) !!!! “Then what did I deleted” I thought.

Where is my “Latest Work” folder??!!! Hell, spending whole evening to call AppleCare (who cares about me since I didn’t pay for it), calling apple centers, looking for aids and the program that does data recovery. I finally got a program called File Salvage. Pretty cool, Got another program, Data Rescue... Both programs rescued my deleted data, not only those in the “Latest Work” folder, but ALL deleted data in these few months. No way to rescue only those files from “Latest Work” folder, and No way to trace the file deleted date. So, I got about 200 Logic files and few thousands of audio files in .wav, .mp3, . aiff, etc formats. No file names, All messed up!!!!

I gotta open one by one to find those files back in the”Latest Work” folder. Spent like, let say, 24 hours, and I ended up sleeping only 2 hours. Woke up at 8am continue....

Here I come, the most GERAM (Frustrating in Malay) was, FARK!!! those audio files that laid out on Logic Arrange Windows.... ALL MESSED UP!!!!
The regions are still there, but they couldn’t recognize the right audio files. Hell !!!
OK put them back, match them, 2 days 2 nights !!!

Here and there some small tiny “data hunt”, another one day. On Thursday that week, NOV 16. I started my work as usual, on James Bathroom Film and Mo’s Album... 5 days just flew away because of a stupid click!!! FARK!!!



No comments: