Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The man who makes 'The Simpsons' sing - CNN.com

The story is about Alf Clausen, who never knows what to expect.

Sometimes it's an arrangement of a classic melody, such as the theme to "The Great Escape." Sometimes it's a parody of a show tune, such as "The Monorail Song" (a "Music Man" pastiche) or several numbers from "My Fair Lady." Sometimes it's an original piece, such as "The Stonecutters Song." Sometimes it's basic instrumental interludes.

And sometimes, it's all of the above. After all, we're talking about "The Simpsons."
...Read more at CNN

Watch a slide show of Clausen and his work

This is a posting about me visiting the Simpsons scoring stage and Alf, a few days before I leaft LA - Visiting Alf Clausen @ The Simpsons session. Great composers, successful people in many places except those from our homeland, are suprisingly helpful. They never give you a bitch-slap look because you are new, they won't show off their pride... I am not saying all people outside are one kind and all people here are bla bla bla, If you have never experienced shut your ass up.... I mean in general. Alf probably is one of my heros since I was a little boy. I've never thought I could meet him, definitely not dreaming of being his acquaintance, getting his advice and his compliment and critics on my work, his encouragement... I almost got blast everytime I met someone really great or even some freshees like me.... Sad that I've never felt that way when I met those big names here, except people here who are doing indie and who doing their own shit and not pleasing anyone nor public.

Wait I gotta rephrase what I said... I am not saying those big-name I met in Malaysia are successful thou. They are not, b**ch! but they are the one who monopoli the market here, they are people who make music on the radio, the people who play the politics, the gang who run the industry here... and those so-called idols you see everyday on paper are just puppets. sad for them. The standard is so low, public awareness is just not there... who to blame? Anyway, who cares? Glad to see some good musicians carrying their balls to do music. Dudes, you all have my gratitude and respect... and better do well!!!

Damn, I don't know what I am venting... duh... OK... I am extreme. this is not rambling anymore... raving! It's not that bad... There are still many great people around here, you will hear them, just the matter when. But YOU gotta open up your ears. You can't use your eyes to listen.

Visit Alf's website http://www.alfclausen.com/

No comments: