Ken's Stuff


Ken%20Hor

Monday, January 02, 2006

hitomi wo tojite 瞳をとじて by Hirai Ken

Friends come and go, but the music stays

I love this song. One of the song that I learned about in LA from my japanese dudes. We used to sing this song loudly when we got drunk in party. First time I heard Fumi singing this song in a Karaoke in Sawtelle, WOW! fabulous!

It's already 15 months I've been here. Last year on today afternoon... around this time, I got back from Tokyo. On my way back to westwood from LAX by bus, I carried a lot of uncertainty, confusion, and questions. I met another batch of new friends at the same night, mainly koreans this quarter / semester. I had memorable time with Koreans. This winter, I did well in my study, also wrote my very first serious composition for live orchestra. I spent most of my time on revising Tonal Harmony, which I never pay attention during my college.


I've been missing Cheshire and my family and I finally went back to Malaysia for a short vacation end of March. I met a new korean friend on the plane, and we went out dinner with his family, his english teacher, and my Cheshire. I didn't manage to learn this song until I came back from vacation in 2nd week of April, after stopping by at Soeul. On the arrival night, my Japanese dudes sang this song with me on my YAMAHA keyboard. They gave me the lyrics and patiently explained me the meaning. Touching. It was hard to follow their singing. While playing with them, I started my new circle of friends, and another happening quarter.

The part that I like the most about this song is the opening of a girl saying GoMeNet (sorry in japanese)
I just got this MTV from Chai. 'd like to share with you.


http://www.youtube.com/w/Hirai-Ken---Hitomi-Wo-Tojite?v=_v7dEVAJtAQ&search=ken%20hirai

No comments: